[NatureNS] ring-necked duck + redhead + lesser scaup, Pt. Wms.

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:08:24 -0400
From: g4syth@staff.ednet.ns.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I walked out to the sewer ponds at about five p.m. today. There were
thirty three common goldeneyes, thirty mallards, a male/female pair of
lesser scaup and one male redhead. I didn't see a ring necked duck,
but the goldeeyes all flushed, even by just peeking around the
compressor house, so a ring necked duck may have flushed with them.
The goldeneyes seem to be increasing in numbers.

George Forsyth