[NatureNS] new tool to help prevent bird window strikes?

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of helene.birdvet@gmail.com designates 10.50.169.9 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.50.169.9;
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:38:44 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--e89a8f3bb045e4a4ea04b9a299c0

Hi Marg, thanks for this. I heard the marker works well but haven't tried
it yet. What brand of marker do you use?

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--e89a8f3bb045e4a4ea04b9a299c0

Hi Marg, thanks for this. I heard the marker works well but haven&#39;t tri=
r><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Marg Millard=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

=20
actual strikes every day at certain times=A0of the years. We have tried=20
decals , owls, predator cutouts, moved feeders around, away and even stoppe=
d for=20
a time to see what worked best.=A0=A0 We=A0keep certain curtains shut,=20
are considering even doing away with a few windows. Then came=A0 a suggesti=
on=20
on one of the bird groups, Sibley? maybe. </font></div>
=20
making a grid and kept moving it with the sun over the months as reflection=
s in=20
the window change. The suggestion we are using now, much easier, and not ne=
arly=20
noticeable to people, is using a florescent yellow felt pen and marking on =
a=20
four inch grid. Washes off easily and is easily applied and after a few day=
s=20
hardly noticeable in or out. It does however screw up those quick snaps whe=
n=20
trying to id a bird. Shows up as a blurry line through the image.</font></d=
iv>
v class=3D"im">
oks=20
promising, going to order some and if anyone else does...would love to have=
 some=20
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.abcbirds.org/newsandreports/releases/120221.=
html</a>=A0</div>
hotmail.com" target=3D"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a></div>