[NatureNS] Notes re weekend Valley/Fundy field trips

From: "Wayne P. Neily" <neilyornis@hotmail.com>
To: NatureNS List <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
CC: "Gary E. Myers" <gemyers@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:12:26 -0300

--_c3600feb-179c-4ca8-a99c-ade41706e2a5_

Hello all=2C
=20
   With this weather=2C our winter birds singing and some nest-building=2C =
and migrants about two weeks early=2C many of us are eagerly looking forwar=
d to getting out this weekend to see what is around.  Regulars will have no=
ticed the changes detailed in the notices that went out or on the NSBS ( ht=
tp://nsbs.chebucto.org/trip_show.cgi ) and BNS ( http://blomidonnaturalists=
.ca/node/2 ) websites changing it from one long trip to two shorter ones th=
at will allow more exploration of these areas.  This was done partly in rec=
ognition of the increasing cost of travel from distant parts of the provinc=
e=2C so that you could get to discover two adjacent counties for the cost o=
f one weekend trip=2C as has been done for years in the fall ones to Guysbo=
rough and Antigonish counties.  For the music fans among you=2C this can be=
 an even more worthwhile trip=2C as there will be a concert by Stephen Fear=
ing at Evergreen Theatre in East Margaretsville (http://evergreentheatre.ca=
/) Saturday evening=3B reserve if interesrted=3B it will likely be a sell-o=
ut.  I understand that Erin Costello will also be stopping by to do a few s=
ongs=2C as a bonus.
=20
  The weekend weather looks good=2C with sun and a comfortable 6=B0 C forec=
ast for both days=2C but allow for a cold wind along the shore. Gary Myers=
=2C a photographer-naturalist from Morden=2C will be our co-leader for the =
Kings West-Margaretsville trip Saturday=2C and I hope to have another exper=
ienced birder as co-leader for the Annapolis Co. trip on Sunday=2C but that=
 is not yet confirmed.
=20
Cheers=2C

Wayne P. Neily
Tremont=2C Kings Co.=2C Nova Scotia

"The woods are lovely=2C dark and deep.=20
But I have promises to keep=2C=20
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost=2C 1923 [Stopping by Woods =
on a Snowy Evening]=20
 		 	   		  =

--_c3600feb-179c-4ca8-a99c-ade41706e2a5_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
Hello all=2C<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B With this weather=2C our winter birds singing and some nes=
t-building=2C and migrants about&nbsp=3Btwo weeks early=2C many of us are e=
agerly looking forward to getting out this weekend to see what is around.&n=
bsp=3B Regulars will have noticed the changes detailed in the notices that =
went out or on the NSBS ( <A href=3D"http://nsbs.chebucto.org/trip_show.cgi=
">http://nsbs.chebucto.org/trip_show.cgi</A>&nbsp=3B)&nbsp=3Band BNS ( <A h=
ref=3D"http://blomidonnaturalists.ca/node/2">http://blomidonnaturalists.ca/=
node/2</A>&nbsp=3B)&nbsp=3Bwebsites changing it from one long trip to two s=
horter ones that will allow more exploration of these areas.&nbsp=3B This w=
as done partly in recognition of the increasing cost of travel from distant=
 parts of the province=2C so that you could get to discover two adjacent&nb=
sp=3Bcounties for the cost of one weekend trip=2C as has been done for year=
s in the fall ones to Guysborough and Antigonish counties.&nbsp=3B For the =
music fans among you=2C this can be an even more worthwhile trip=2C as ther=
e will be a concert by Stephen Fearing at Evergreen Theatre in East Margare=
tsville (<A href=3D"http://evergreentheatre.ca/">http://evergreentheatre.ca=
/</A>) Saturday evening=3B&nbsp=3Breserve if interesrted=3B&nbsp=3Bit will =
likely be a sell-out.&nbsp=3B I understand that Erin Costello will also be =
stopping by to do a few songs=2C as a bonus.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B The weekend weather looks good=2C with sun and a comfortable 6<FON=
T face=3D"Times New Roman=2C serif">=B0 </FONT><FONT face=3DArial>C forecas=
t for both days=2C but allow for a cold wind along the shore. Gary Myers=2C=
 a photographer-naturalist from Morden=2C will be our co-leader for the Kin=
gs West-Margaretsville trip Saturday=2C and I hope to have another experien=
ced birder as co-leader&nbsp=3Bfor the Annapolis Co. trip on Sunday=2C but =
that is not yet confirmed.</FONT><BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>Cheers=2C<BR><BR>
<P class=3DecxecxecxMsoNormal>
<P class=3DecxecxecxMsoNormal><SPAN lang=3DEN-US><FONT face=3D"Times New Ro=
man"><STRONG><FONT size=3D5></FONT></STRONG></FONT></SPAN></P>
<DIV>Wayne P. Neily<BR>Tremont=2C Kings Co.=2C Nova Scotia</DIV>
<DIV><BR>"The woods are lovely=2C dark and deep. <BR>But I have promises to=
 keep=2C <BR>And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost=2C 1923 [Stopp=
ing by Woods on a Snowy Evening] <BR></DIV> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_c3600feb-179c-4ca8-a99c-ade41706e2a5_--