[NatureNS] Barn Swallow Locations?

Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 08:01:07 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_X5Cyl3ZyupOjeoZIoVRUzA)

The Rona/Piercys store at the Hubley Shopping Centre, Exit 5 on the 103
has a large open ended lumber warehouse which resounds with the calls of
nesting barn swallows every spring - easy access (in store hours) to
listen and to watch!

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright, St Margarets Bay

On 02/04/2012 1:23 PM, Elizabeth Campbell wrote:
> Hello All
>
>   I am a Biology student at Dalhousie and will be doing a research
> project this summer on barn swallows, looking at what areas they use
> for nesting, what characteristics are important in where they build
> their nests, and how many are reusing old nests from previous years.
> My hope is that what I learn can be applied to their conservation and
> increase population numbers. If anyone knows the location of breeding
> barn swallows, especially around Halifax, and wouldn't mind sharing
> I'd really appreciate the help. Information can be sent to me at
> E.Campbell@dal.ca
>
>   Note that I won't be disturbing the swallows in any way, just
> observing from a distance.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Liz Campbell

--Boundary_(ID_X5Cyl3ZyupOjeoZIoVRUzA)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Shopping Centre, Exit 5 on the 103 has a large open ended lumber
    warehouse which resounds with the calls of nesting barn swallows
    every spring - easy access (in store hours) to listen and to watch!<br>
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
    Seabright, St Margarets Bay<br>