[NatureNS] Blooming Mayflowers and Recent Birds

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 20:00:23 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01CD168B.66598360

Laura and I found blooming mayflowers along Sandy Cove Road, HRM, this =
evening, not many but they still count.

Last Sunday a Great Horned Owl flew off from a backyard maple tree just =
as I spotted it. The Northern Mockingbird still spends every day, all =
day long, in our front yard bramble. Sometimes it sallies forth for a =
grape from our front porch feeder or visits the bird bath on our rear =
deck. The Red-bellied Woodpecker is spotted every second day or so. We =
seem to be a stop on its neighborhood circuit.

Hans
________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/
------=_NextPart_000_0077_01CD168B.66598360

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Laura and I found blooming =
<STRONG>mayflowers=20
</STRONG>along Sandy Cove Road, HRM, this evening, not many but they =
still=20
count.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Last Sunday a <STRONG>Great Horned =
Owl</STRONG>=20
flew off from a backyard maple&nbsp;tree just as I spotted it. The=20
<STRONG>Northern Mockingbird</STRONG> still spends every day, all day =
long, in=20
our front yard bramble. Sometimes it sallies forth for a grape from our =
front=20
porch feeder or visits the bird bath on our rear deck. The =
<STRONG>Red-bellied=20
Woodpecker</STRONG> is spotted every second day or so. We seem to be a =
stop on=20
its neighborhood circuit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2=20
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DI=