[NatureNS] binoculars for YNC

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:48:07 -0300
From: Bruce Stevens <m.bruce.stevens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--20cf302d4bbc7017be04bd84d37d

My Celestron Nobles have a lifetime no-fault warranty, but that is not the
case for all Celestron optics. There may have been a price incentive on
this line when I bought it because it was being discontinued. Unsure if the
Bushnell Excursions have this type of warranty. The price range for the
binoculars I have mentioned $200 to $350.

Bruce

--
Bruce Stevens
Maryvale, NS

--20cf302d4bbc7017be04bd84d37d

My Celestron Nobles have a lifetime no-fault warranty, but that is not the =
case for all Celestron optics. There may have been a price incentive on thi=
s line when I bought it because it was being discontinued. Unsure if the Bu=
shnell Excursions have this type of warranty. The price range for the binoc=
ulars I have mentioned $200 to $350.<br>
,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ulli@dunlin.ca">ulli@dunlin.ca</=
a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
For useful suggestions it would be extremly helpful to know a ballpark numb=
er how much<br>
your organization can/wants to spend on a pair of binoculars. =A0Cheap and =
expensive are very<br>
relative measures ............<br>
Obviously Svarowski&#39;s and likely even Eagle Optics Rangers are out of q=
uestion. =A0However,<br>
the advice to look into the no fault warranties offered by both Eagle Optic=
s and Vortex may<br>
put other models of these brands in a different light.<br>

--20cf302d4bbc7017be04bd84d37d--