[NatureNS] Spring Migration Bird Count -- WHERE IS THE INFO?

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:57:33 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

v&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;span&gt;It has allo
--14dae934097b8558f404be0f43fd

Hi all,

I also didn't know the NSBS had a Facebook page. I have just applied to
join the group, as I already have a Facebook account. I also agree that
method of communicating info about birds and nature in NS are becoming
rather fragmented - i.e. now, to really find out what's going on, I need to
look at e-mails from NatureNS and NS-RBA, and now Facebook groups for
NatureNS and also NSBS. If I want to report something, I'm expected to do
it on EBird, NatureNS, NSBS to Lance, and now 2 Facebook pages. If I want
to show some pictures to the most people, I have to upload them to my
Smugmug account, then send several different e-mails, put a link on my own
Facebook page, and now 2 others, plus the photo section of NS-RBA. By the
time I have done all this there's no time left for birding! It would be
very nice if the board of the NSBS would widely disseminate the info about
the Facebook page, and it would be nice to have a single method , preferred
by everyone on the internet, to most efficiently communicate all this
stuff. In addition to all this, then there's the NSBS magazine, which I
still like to read.

Interesting that despite all this so-called internet efficiency, many
people still apparently don't know about either the Facebook page or the
Spring migration count.

My 2c. worth.

Richard

--