[NatureNS] Barn swallows

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:14:37 -0300

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cheryl David and I found 7 Barn swallows and 3 Tree swallows feeding on bugs
over the little fenced pond at Hartlen Point. There were FOUR  Ospreys, two
using the current/ original nest and two others trying to build a nest at
the top of the military tower.  Later in the afternoon,  I came across 30+
Barn swallows over the above mentioned pond.  It was neat to see them perch
on the fence like they do on the wires in the summer.  Many thanks to David
Currie for reporting the rare birds near the Back Cove.

Cheers

Liz Doull