[NatureNS] Osprey

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:10:57 -0300

This evening I checked out the Hartlen Point to see if I could find the
cattle egret that David Currie learnt of from one HP Golf course groundsman.
No sign of it.

There was a dead osprey lying on the field (near the clubhouse).  Maybe hit
the wires?  due to the strong winds?  Met the bearded guy who found it
Thursday (April 26th) so I don't know if it was one of the four ospreys we
saw Wedneday.   The two are still there on the original nest.  Did not see
the others today.

The big surprise was Mr. and Mrs PEACOCK  strutting around on the Hope Rehab
premises in Seaforth.   With the strong winds, she had no problems moving
around while he had to deal with its very long tail...
Liz