[NatureNS] Bobcat Hammonds Plains late report

Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 15:48:26 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------050408010407070609040507

Neighbours of mine on Redmonds Rd, Seabright, St Margarets Bay have had
a pair of bobcats around their property over the past winter months and
have photos of them. One was recently seen just behind the home next to
me too. Apparently there were many around here in the early '70s; their
numbers were reduced by a bounty at that time but it looks as if they
are slowly bouncing back....

Eleanor Lindsay

On 01/05/2012 11:06 PM, foxhollow@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:
> Backyard Bobcat seen Last november 26 (2011) four doors away in a residential neighbourhood. I just found out about it and yes, the neighbour took photos.
>
> Just wondering how usual it is for these cats to visit human neighbourhoods, and considering it was not a harsh winter. Rabbits/hare a little down but lots of voles and red squirrels.
>
> What is normal proximity to development?
>
> Thanks
> Ian in Hammonds plains

--------------050408010407070609040507

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Margarets Bay have had</font> a pair of bobcats around their
    property over the past winter months and have photos of them. One
    was recently seen just behind the home next to me too. Apparently
    there were many around here in the early '70s; their numbers were
    reduced by a bounty at that time but it looks as if they are slowly
    bouncing back....<br>
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
    On 01/05/2012 11:06 PM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
      href="mailto:foxhollow@ns.sympatico.ca">foxhollow@ns.sympatico.ca</a>
    wrote:
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Backyard Bobcat seen Last november 26 (2011) four doors away in a residential neighbourhood. I just found out about it and yes, the neighbour took photos.

Just wondering how usual it is for these cats to visit human neighbourhoods, and considering it was not a harsh winter. Rabbits/hare a little down but lots of voles and red squirrels.

What is normal proximity to development?

Thanks
Ian in Hammonds plains

</pre>

--------------050408010407070609040507--