[NatureNS] Re: Ticks!

Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 11:21:07 -0300
From: Dusan Soudek <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

To all,
   on May 6 a friend and I found a total of three ticks on our clothes after a canoe trip down St. Andrews River near Stewiacke. A canoe trip! We'd spent only a minimum of time on dry land.
   2012 could be the Year of the Tick, possibly due to the unusually warm winter. Ayone spending time in wooded or grassy habitat should make an effort to de-tick oneself daily. It's easy after a daytrip, not so on a multiday trip..
   Dusan Soudek