[NatureNS] Frogs

Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:04:26 -0300
From: Dusan Soudek <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

   Just wondering: If there is no "open season" on harvesting a certain species, such as Bull Frogs, does it mean that it may be taken throughout the year? When I lived in Southern Ontario, I vaguely remember people in the countryside catching bullfrogs commercially. I assume that it was for export. Not sure whether it was legal...
   Dusan Soudek

---- Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim
Unlikely only in Keji
There used to be an open season on them - also snapping turtles,
I guess some folks ate them but I never did - LOL
If they were only in Keji, DNR would not have had an open season.
I made some enquiries as to the harvest on Bull Frogs and Snapping Turtles.
Never got an answer - but the next year the seasons disappeared. Strange
concidence!
Enjoy the spring
Paul