[NatureNS] Barred Owl Fishing

Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:48:44 -0300
From: Rick Ballard <ideaphore@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--e89a8fb1fbfa80298a04c0a11d12

Right about that time, almost dark, I did see a few good sized fish
swimming near the surface and even some splashing, but I did not see many
rises. There are trout in the lake, but in the past few years the White
Perch seem to be taking over. We also get gaspereau in the spring, but it
didn't look like a gaspereau run.

--
Rick Ballard
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia, Canada

--e89a8fb1fbfa80298a04c0a11d12

Right about that time, almost dark, I did see a few good sized fish swimmin=
g near the surface and even some splashing, but I did not see many rises. T=
here are trout in the lake, but in the past few years the White Perch seem =
to be taking over. We also get gaspereau in the spring, but it didn&#39;t l=
ook like a gaspereau run.<br>
da <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:HEBDAAJ@gov.ns.ca" target=3D"_bl=
quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1=
ex">

ing on the top of the water?</div>
e@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">ideaphore@gmail.com</a>&gt; 22/05/2012 11:07=
rt Hilford, Guys.CO., while sitting above a small cove on Indian Harbour La=
ke at around 9PM I watched a Barred Owl twice attempt to catch fish. Althou=
gh it made a big splash each time, it was not successful. This was not in s=
hallow water, but maybe 2 or 3 feet deep. I was able to observe the owl for=
 at least 20 minutes. At one point it landed in a tree 5 feet above my head=
, but it spent most of the time in a tree 30 feet across the cove, looking =
out over the water. I had great views with my binoculars.<br clear=3D"all">
yle=3D"FONT-FAMILY:georgia,serif"><span style=3D"FONT-FAMILY:georgia,serif"=
>Dartmouth,Nova Scotia, Canada </span><br style=3D"FONT-FAMILY:georgia,seri=
ily:georgia,serif">Rick Ballard </span><br style=3D"font-family:georgia,ser=