[NatureNS] Conquerall Bank warbler Nova Scotia Bird Society Outing

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:19:29 +0000

--_fe2aac37-e307-4236-8b20-e489e8f51be5_

I led a field trip on May 26 for the Nova Scotia Bird Society in the area o=
f Fitch Lake=2C Publicover Lake=2C and along the Watermill Road into Mount =
Pleasant and out to Crescent Beach. I lead this trip every year and althoug=
h we observed 52 species=2C this number is low. Missing were a number of wa=
rbler species and numbers for the warblers were way down. Also notably miss=
ing were least flycatchers=2C but more alder flycatchers were present than =
is usual.  This is the first year that I=92ve not seen some common terns ov=
er Publicover Lake.  Clarence Stevens Sr. had heard a pied-billed grebe the=
re earlier in the morning and we did hear it while there=2C but it was not =
seen.  It was nice to hear my first two eastern wood pewees for the year an=
d we still had enough birds to make the outing exciting. There are still 30=
 black scoters lingering at Crescent Beach.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater
=20
James R. Hirtle=20
Bridgewater 		 	   		  =

--_fe2aac37-e307-4236-8b20-e489e8f51be5_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
<FONT size=3D4>I led a field trip on May 26 for the Nova Scotia Bird Societ=
y in the area of Fitch Lake=2C Publicover Lake=2C and along the Watermill R=
oad into Mount Pleasant and out to Crescent Beach. I lead this trip every y=
ear and although we observed 52 species=2C this number is low. Missing were=
 a number of warbler species and numbers for the warblers were way down. Al=
so notably missing were least flycatchers=2C but more alder flycatchers wer=
e present than is usual.&nbsp=3B This is the first year that I=92ve not see=
n some common terns over Publicover Lake.&nbsp=3B Clarence Stevens Sr. had =
heard a pied-billed grebe there earlier in the morning and we did hear it w=
hile there=2C but it was not seen.&nbsp=3B It was nice to hear my first two=
 eastern wood pewees for the year and we still had enough birds to make the=
 outing exciting. There are still 30 black scoters lingering at Crescent Be=
ach.</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D4>James R. Hirtle</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D4>Bridgewater</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D4>James R. Hirtle </FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D4>Bridgewater<BR></FONT> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_fe2aac37-e307-4236-8b20-e489e8f51be5_--