[NatureNS] blackoutspeakout

From: Christopher Majka <c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 11:24:57 -0300

--Apple-Mail-182--437354714

Hi folks,

> I'd like to encourage organizations such as the Nova Scotia Bird =20
> Society, the Halifax Field Naturalists, Nature Nova Scotia and =20
> others to check this out. The plan is to darken your web site on =20
> June 4th, by putting up a special page as a temporary home page. All =20=

> the details are available at the address Chris gives, below.

I can email anyone the specific directions of how to participate if =20
they are interested.

It's worth pointing out that participating organizations include a =20
veritable who's who of Canadian nature, environmental, and related =20
organizations. The main organizing sponsors of BlackOutSpeakOut are:

Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society
David Suzuki Foundation
Ecojustice
Enviromental Defence
Equiterre
Greenpeace
Nature Canada
The Pembina Institute
Sierra Club of Canada
World Wildlife Fund
West Coast Environmental Law

To which partner organizations such as the ones below have added their =20=

participation:

Alternatives - Canada's Environment Magazine
BC Nature
B.C.'s Wild Heritage Plants
Bow Valley Naturalists
Bruce Peninsula Environment Group
Canadian Organic Growers
Clean Air Alliance
Climate Action Network Canada
Climate Reality Project Canada
Coalition for a Clean Green Saskatchewan
Coalition on the Niagara Escarpment
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
CPAWS Wildlands League
Earth Day Canada
East Coast Environmental Law
Ecology Action Centre
EcoSource
Eye on Environment
Footprints Conservation Society
Forest Ethics Advocacy
Friends of Clayoquot Sound
Friends of Wild Salmon
Friends of the Earth, Canada
Green Communities Canada
JustEarth Canada
Kamloops Area Preservation Association
Keepers of the Athabasca Watershed Alliance
Lake Winnipeg Foundation
L'Association qu=E9b=E9coise de lutte contre la pollution atmospherique
Lillooet Naturalist Society
Living Oceans Society
MiningWatch Canada
Montr=E9al Urban Ecology Centre
Nature Alberta
Nature Manitoba
Nature Nova Scotia
Nature Quebec
Nature Saskatchewan
New Brunswick Environmental Network
Newfoundland and Labrador Environment Network
North Saskatchewan Riverkeeper
Ontario Clean Air Alliance
Ontario Environment Network
Ontario Nature
Ontario Rivers Alliance
The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club
Peace Valley Environment Association
Protec-Terre
Saskatchewan Environmental Society
Sustainability Network
Toronto Environmental Alliance
Victoria Natural History Society
West Kootenay EcoSociety
Wildlife Conservation Society Canada
Windfall Ecology Centre
York Region Environmental Alliance
Yukon Conservation Society

And these are only a few representative organizations.

Silence is not an option.

Chris

>>> birdvet@hotmail.com
>>> www.cwrc.net
>>> Join us on May 12 for our Annual Benefit Concert and Silent Auction

Christopher Majka
6252 Jubilee Rd., Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 2G5
c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca

It's true we're on the wrong track, but we're compensating for this =20
short-coming by accelerating. - Stanislav Lec

--Apple-Mail-182--437354714

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Hi =
to encourage organizations such as the Nova Scotia Bird Society, the =
Halifax Field Naturalists, Nature Nova Scotia and others to check this =
out. The plan is to darken your web site on June 4th, by putting up a =
special page as a temporary home page. All the details are available at =
can email anyone the specific directions of how to participate if they =
participating organizations include a veritable who's who of Canadian =
nature, environmental, and related organizations. The main organizing =
Association of Physicians for the Environment</div><div>Canadian Parks =
&amp; Wilderness Society</div><div>David Suzuki =