[NatureNS] blackoutspeakout

Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 12:29:11 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Canada&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;World Wildlife Fund&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;West Coast Environmenta
--14dae9cdca7f7a17bc04c17ef65f

Would also help to let your MP and others know how you feel. If they all
vote to pass it we're screwed. Hoping some MPs will do what's right and
reject C-38
Helene
On Jun 2, 2012 11:30 AM, "Christopher Majka" <c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to encourage organizations such as the Nova Scotia Bird Society,
> the Halifax Field Naturalists, Nature Nova Scotia and others to check thi=
> out. The plan is to darken your web site on June 4th, by putting up a
> special page as a temporary home page. All the details are available at t=
he
> address Chris gives, below.
>

> I can email anyone the specific directions of how to participate if they
> are interested.
>
> It's worth pointing out that participating organizations include a
> veritable who's who of Canadian nature, environmental, and related
> organizations. The main organizing sponsors of BlackOutSpeakOut are:
>
> Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
> Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society
> David Suzuki Foundation
> Ecojustice
> Enviromental Defence
> Equiterre
> Greenpeace
> Nature Canada
> The Pembina Institute
> Sierra Club of Canada
> World Wildlife Fund
> West Coast Environmental Law
>
> To which partner organizations such as the ones below have added their
> participation:
>
> Alternatives - Canada's Environment Magazine
> BC Nature
> B.C.'s Wild Heritage Plants
> Bow Valley Naturalists
> Bruce Peninsula Environment Group
> Canadian Organic Growers
> Clean Air Alliance
> Climate Action Network Canada
> Climate Reality Project Canada
> Coalition for a Clean Green Saskatchewan
> Coalition on the Niagara Escarpment
> Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
> CPAWS Wildlands League
> Earth Day Canada
> East Coast Environmental Law
> Ecology Action Centre
> EcoSource
> Eye on Environment
> Footprints Conservation Society
> Forest Ethics Advocacy
> Friends of Clayoquot Sound
> Friends of Wild Salmon
> Friends of the Earth, Canada
> Green Communities Canada
> JustEarth Canada
> Kamloops Area Preservation Association
> Keepers of the Athabasca Watershed Alliance
> Lake Winnipeg Foundation
> L'Association qu=E9b=E9coise de lutte contre la pollution atmospherique
> Lillooet Naturalist Society
> Living Oceans Society
> MiningWatch Canada
> Montr=E9al Urban Ecology Centre
> Nature Alberta
> Nature Manitoba
> Nature Nova Scotia
> Nature Quebec
> Nature Saskatchewan
> New Brunswick Environmental Network
> Newfoundland and Labrador Environment Network
> North Saskatchewan Riverkeeper
> Ontario Clean Air Alliance
> Ontario Environment Network
> [...]

 vote to pass it we&#39;re screwed. Hoping some MPs will do what&#39;s righ=
t and reject C-38<br>
Helene</p>
&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca">c.majka@ns.sympatico.=
ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote"=
 style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ckquote type=3D"cite"><div>I&#39;d like to encourage organizations such as =
the Nova Scotia Bird Society, the Halifax Field Naturalists, Nature Nova Sc=
otia and others to check this out. The plan is to darken your web site on J=
une 4th, by putting up a special page as a temporary home page. All the det=
ails are available at the address Chris gives, below.=A0</div>
ow to parti