[NatureNS] white point was Chebucto Head leps

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:06:16 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD62CD.AC532400

Lots of knapweed in the Eastern Kings area but as Peter says, little on =
them. Bees, a few wasps & almost no flies.
Angus

.................=20
same here, White Point has few flying insects although there are a quite =
few varieties of butterflies. Well, we do have a few lingering =
blackflies but nothing in the way as normal.Mosquitoes as well. I have =
seen but one of the very big dragonflies, chasing a hummingbird. The =
grapevine Tree Swallow is still working to get her brood out. It has =
gone strangely quiet so they may have come out since 5pm. Heads were =
being poked out the doorway through the day and she was holding =
offerings well back from the portal. I will keep an eye peeled early in =
the am. I hate not seeing them take to wing. There are still two others =
females wheeling about in the air through the day on and off even =
delivering groceries to the female here from time to time. No males!  =
and no great family visits lately that I have seen or heard. So sad! =
Imagine a world with out any swallows  or other  flying creatures.=20
We did have to do something I didn't want to do. We need to repair our =
fascia boards all about our house and on the porch over the entry to my =
studio when I started to pull a  nail, I found a small cluster of =
hornets (yellow jackets) very angry to be disturbed. We had to do them =
in. Also have a lovely infestation of Carpenter ants in the barn at =
least two locations!! and hopefully not in the house!
Maybe we are the problems critters would like to be eradicating!
Oh we have a cat bird close by. It has been here for about 10 days now.=20
Best regards, Marg Millard, White Point
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD62CD.AC532400

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Lots of=20
knapweed in the Eastern Kings area but as Peter says, little on them. =
Bees, a=20
few wasps &amp; almost no =
flies.<BR>Angus</FONT><BR><BR>.................=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>same here, White Point has few flying =
insects=20
although there are a quite few varieties of butterflies. Well, we do =
have a few=20
lingering blackflies but nothing in the way as normal.Mosquitoes as =
well. I have=20
seen but one of the very big dragonflies, chasing a hummingbird. The =
grapevine=20
Tree Swallow is still working to get her brood out. It has gone =
strangely quiet=20
so they may have come out since 5pm. Heads were being poked out the =
doorway=20
through the day and she was holding offerings well back from the portal. =
I will=20
keep an eye peeled early in the am. I hate not seeing them take to wing. =
There=20
are still two others females wheeling about in the air through the day =
on and=20
off even delivering groceries to the female here from time to time. No=20
males!&nbsp;&nbsp;and no great family visits lately that I have seen or =
heard.=20
So sad! Imagine a world with out any swallows&nbsp; or other =
&nbsp;flying=20
creatures. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We did have to do something I didn't =
want to do. We=20
need to repair our fascia boards all about our house and on the porch =
over the=20
entry to my studio when I started to pull a&nbsp; nail, I found a small =
cluster=20
of hornets (yellow jackets) very angry to be disturbed. We had to do =
them in.=20
Also have a lovely infestation of Carpenter ants in the barn at least =
two=20
locations!!&nbsp;and hopefully not in the house!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Maybe we are the problems critters =
would like to be=20
eradicating!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oh we have a cat bird close by. It has =
been here=20
for about 10 days now. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best regards, Marg Millard, White=20
Point</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CD62CD.AC532400--