[NatureNS] Eagles eating sheep?

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:55:31 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--90e6ba53b270ddc8bf04c6eb6085

There was a CBC news item yesterday about a farmer in Maccan complaining
that Eagles were attacking and eating his lambs. There are "several Eagles'
nests" there. I have never heard of Bald Eagles behaving this way, but it
reminds me of similar stories years ago regarding Golden Eagles in the
English Lake District, where I used to go hiking in my youth. I don't know
if that was ever proven. I thought Bald eagles just eat dead chickens and
live fish. Any comments?

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--90e6ba53b270ddc8bf04c6eb6085

There was a CBC news item yesterday about a farmer in Maccan complaining th=
at Eagles were attacking and eating his lambs. There are &quot;several Eagl=
es&#39; nests&quot; there. I have never heard of Bald Eagles behaving this =
way, but it reminds me of similar stories years ago regarding Golden Eagles=
 in the English Lake District, where I used to go hiking in my youth. I don=
&#39;t know if that was ever proven. I thought Bald eagles just eat dead ch=
ickens and live fish. Any comments?<div>

ternrichard@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>####=

--90e6ba53b270ddc8bf04c6eb6085--