[NatureNS] My pics from yesterday's pelagic

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 14:59:15 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--f46d0402ac45fa4c9b04c7a227d2

Hi,

Great pictures from Paul. I was standing next to him for most of the trip,
and trying out a new camera and lens (Olympus OMD-EM5 micro-4/3 with
Olympus 100-300 lens, equivalent to 200-600 in 35mm. terms). The camera is
great for still and slow movement, but hard to capture rapidly or
irregularly moving objects, such as the irregular and unpredictable flight
of Wilson's Storm-petrels. It's about 1/3 the size and weight of the dSLR
and lenses that Paul was using yesterday, and that I currently have sitting
idle in my study. So overall I'm pleased with the results. I didn't include
hundreds of pictures of Great Shearwaters in the fog, or various shots of
people on board, and like Paul, I failed to get a picture of the Blue Shark
that was swimming very close to the boat. Anyway, here are my "keepers",
and they include 1 video clip.

http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Nature/NS-Birds-and-Scenes-Summer/23613906_KVs3pJ#!i=2034441968
and next page.

Richard
--
#################
Richard Stern,

--f46d0402ac45fa4c9b04c7a227d2

 for most of the trip, and trying out a new camera and lens (Olympus OMD-EM=
5 micro-4/3 with Olympus 100-300 lens, equivalent to 200-600 in 35mm. terms=
). The camera is great for still and slow movement, but hard to capture rap=
idly or irregularly moving objects, such as the irregular and unpredictable=
 flight of Wilson&#39;s Storm-petrels. It&#39;s about 1/3 the size and weig=
ht of the dSLR and lenses that Paul was using yesterday, and that I current=
ly have sitting idle in my study. So overall I&#39;m pleased with the resul=
ts. I didn&#39;t include hundreds of pictures of Great Shearwaters in the f=
og, or various shots of people on board, and like Paul, I failed to get a p=
icture of the Blue Shark that was swimming very close to the boat. Anyway, =
here are my &quot;keepers&quot;, and they include 1 video clip.</div>

Birds-and-Scenes-Summer/23613906_KVs3pJ#!i=3D2034441968">http://richard-s.s=
mugmug.com/Nature/NS-Birds-and-Scenes-Summer/23613906_KVs3pJ#!i=3D203444196=
8</a> =A0and next page.</div>

--f46d0402ac45fa4c9b04c7a227d2--