[NatureNS] Bird Photos From Pelagic Bird Trip

From: "Paul Murray" <murraypaul@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:57:34 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01CD7E12.958DED30

Aug 19, 2012
Pelagic Bird Trip Photos

Here is a link to some of the pictures I took during the Annual Pelagic =
Bird Trip from Sambro.   Apologies for the poor quality of the Sooty =
Shearwater photos =E2=80=93 I had to convert to grainy black and white =
to get any detail due to the heavy fog at the time they were taken but I =
think they are OK for ID purposes.   Unfortunately, I did not get any =
pictures of the shark that the Greater Shearwaters are talking about =
=E2=80=93 got caught with the wrong lens on my camera!  He was pretty =
cool though!  I also missed the Cory=E2=80=99s Shearwater =E2=80=93 too =
much bounce in the boat and too many heads by the time I figured out =
where everybody was pointing!  Had a good time on this trip and, I got =
three more additions to my life list.   Many thanks to Dave and others =
involved in organizing this trip!  But next time.......less fog would be =
good!

http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annual-Pelagic/2484946=
6_7CqVzJ

Paul Murray
Dartmouth
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01CD7E12.958DED30

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
<DIV>Aug 19, 2012</DIV>
<DIV>Pelagic Bird Trip Photos</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here is a link to some of the pictures I took during the Annual =
Pelagic=20
Bird Trip from Sambro.&nbsp;&nbsp; Apologies for the poor quality of the =
Sooty=20
Shearwater photos =E2=80=93 I had to convert to grainy black and white =
to get any detail=20
due to the heavy fog at the time they were taken but I think they are OK =
for ID=20
purposes.&nbsp;&nbsp; Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the =
shark=20
that the Greater Shearwaters are talking about =E2=80=93 got caught with =
the wrong lens=20
on my camera!&nbsp; He was pretty cool though!&nbsp; I also missed the =
Cory=E2=80=99s=20
Shearwater =E2=80=93 too much bounce in the boat and too many heads by =
the time I=20
figured out where everybody was pointing!&nbsp; Had a good time on this =
trip=20
and, I got three more additions to my life list.&nbsp;&nbsp; Many thanks =
to Dave=20
and others involved in organizing this trip!&nbsp; But next =
time.......less fog=20
would be good!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
title=3Dhttp://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annual-Pelagic=
/24849466_7CqVzJ=20
href=3D"http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annual-Pelagic=
/24849466_7CqVzJ">http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annu=
al-Pelagic/24849466_7CqVzJ</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Paul Murray</DIV>
<DIV>Dartmouth</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01CD7E12.958DED30--