[NatureNS] Bird Photos From Pelagic Bird Trip

Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:23:36 -0300
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_SRAhCJBnmqeKkyQ2Pk63Mw)

I think the pictures you did get were great!  Thanks, Paul.
Lois Codling
On 19/08/2012 1:57 PM, Paul Murray wrote:
> Aug 19, 2012
> Pelagic Bird Trip Photos
> Here is a link to some of the pictures I took during the Annual
> Pelagic Bird Trip from Sambro.   Apologies for the poor quality of the
> Sooty Shearwater photos – I had to convert to grainy black and white
> to get any detail due to the heavy fog at the time they were taken but
> I think they are OK for ID purposes.   Unfortunately, I did not get
> any pictures of the shark that the Greater Shearwaters are talking
> about – got caught with the wrong lens on my camera!  He was pretty
> cool though!  I also missed the Cory’s Shearwater – too much bounce in
> the boat and too many heads by the time I figured out where everybody
> was pointing!  Had a good time on this trip and, I got three more
> additions to my life list.   Many thanks to Dave and others involved
> in organizing this trip!  But next time.......less fog would be good!
> http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annual-Pelagic/24849466_7CqVzJ
> Paul Murray
> Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_SRAhCJBnmqeKkyQ2Pk63Mw)

  <head>
  </head>
    I think the pictures you did get were great!  Thanks, Paul.<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
          12pt">
            Annual Pelagic Bird Trip from Sambro.   Apologies for the
            poor quality of the Sooty Shearwater photos – I had to
            convert to grainy black and white to get any detail due to
            the heavy fog at the time they were taken but I think they
            are OK for ID purposes.   Unfortunately, I did not get any
            pictures of the shark that the Greater Shearwaters are
            talking about – got caught with the wrong lens on my
            camera!  He was pretty cool though!  I also missed the
            Cory’s Shearwater – too much bounce in the boat and too many
            heads by the time I figured out where everybody was
            pointing!  Had a good time on this trip and, I got three
            more additions to my life list.   Many thanks to Dave and
            others involved in organizing this trip!  But next
            time.......less fog would be good!</div>
title="http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annual-Pelagic/24849466_7CqVzJ"
href="http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annual-Pelagic/24849466_7CqVzJ">http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-of-the-Annual-Pelagic/24849466_7CqVzJ</a></div>

--Boundary_(ID_SRAhCJBnmqeKkyQ2Pk63Mw)--