[NatureNS] a "hole" in a lake ?

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:36:51 -0300
From: Dusan Soudek <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

   Thank you Bob and Paul for your explanation. So in this context "hole" = "spot." Interestingly, the lake is quite shallow at "Virgil's Hole." No evidence of a campsite, landing, bench, or an old fire ring. We would never have landed there had it not been for the "Virgil's Hole" sign.
   Incidentaly, the huckleberry crop was exceptional at Bad Lake. We picked a bucket in no time at all...
   Dusan Soudek