[NatureNS] Quasi-Glory Photos

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:33:27 -0300

Hi Rick & All,            Aug 28, 2012
    I once saw far better ones (as described below) but did not know what
they were called until now; sorry no photos. The haloes were large and
bright but with faint colors as I recall.
START OF PASTE
Hi Patrick & All,        Oct 2, 2004
    This talk of rainbows reminds me of an interesting variant of the
circular rainbows, with the plane's shadow in the middle, that one
sometimes sees when flying over clouds.

    While climbing in steep hills (California, ~1963) we had just broken
through low-lying fog as we got to a summit and the sun behind cast our
shadows on a fog bank that loomed in front (behind the summit). Each
fuzzy shadow had a glowing halo around the head, as viewed by the
shadow's author, and this made me wonder if the sighting of angels by
shepherds had a similar basis.
END OF PASTE\\\\\\\\\\\\\\