[NatureNS] Today's Brier pelagic trip

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:53:53 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, ns-rba@yahoogroups.com

Went out with Ken and Alan on today's Mariner Cruises trip off Brier
Island. It was quite rough, and there were a few people sick. There
were thousands of Phalaropes, mostly Red as far as we could tell, many
Great but no other Shearwaters, many Gannets, a South Polar Skua and a
Pomarine Jaeger, which both gave nice but all too brief views.. The
Humpback Whales put on a nice show, and one of the more spectacular
sights was the approaching thunderstorm, which we managed to out-race
in the boat, but which is now spectacularly going on overhead.

Richard Stern
Sent from my iPad