[NatureNS] Robins, Cardinals, Etc

Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:47:48 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>

Lol!
Well, actually, up until late last week, a GB Heron was occasionally stationed right by the area where the Snapping Turtle nest is and I often wondered if maybe they might already have become lunch for this big bird, never mind the raccoons!
But yes, I read that also, that sometimes they would not hatch until the following Spring, but, thought that, considering they were laid very early in June & that the summer was so very warm, that they would have hatched by now. Anyway, who knows? Will keep checking as it is on my route of my dog walks.
As for Vogel, I always check, surveying the water around the cattails but haven't seen any Gallinule. But you never know.
Am planning a winter garden this year. Have the plans for a cold frame but haven't started it yet.

Enjoy the Fall, everyone & wish you all, a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth