[NatureNS] Cooper's Hawk, Brier Island

Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:35:48 -0500
From: scbarnaby@cwswireless.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

While out whale watching last week, my colleague and I rescued an
immature Cooper's Hawk from the waters of the Bay of Fundy.  We warmed
it and when we reached shore, we drove it to Western Light and
released it.

Sightings of birds were good this past summer with my first sighting
of a Cory's Shearwater in the Bay of Fundy.  I have been whale
watching for 20 years and this was my first.

Shelley Barnaby
Brier Island, NS