[NatureNS] butterflies

From: "James W. Wolford" <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:45:30 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Marg, I'll guess your all-brown butterfly seen from the car was
perhaps a mourning cloak -- adults are around from earliest Spring
(overwinter as adults) and then all Summer and Autumn (multiple
generations).  A closer sighting would show yellow or whitish outer
borders on the wings.

Your all-yellow-butterfly with black edges was probably a sulphur,
but 2 or 3 different species would be possibles.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville