[NatureNS] Unknown duck

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:42:06 -0300
From: Ronald Arsenault <rongarsenault@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&lt;DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent=3B
--14dae93408cf94042104cc6b58f3

Hello James,

I few thoughts which came to mind as I was reading your post:

1.  An aberrant individual of one of the common species.
2. A domestic duck escaped from captivity. (There are quite a few fanciers
and quite a number of domestic breeds, including crosses between the
various breeds.)
3. A hybrid, where one should consider not only wild birds, but crosses
between domestic and wild birds and back-crosses in subsequent generations.

And finally, although a very long shot, your description reminded me of a
female Fulvous Whistling Duck.

Enjoy to challenge and hope you get to see the duck again, with better luck
with your camera!

Cheers!

Ron

--
Ronald G. Arsenault
Moncton, N.B.

--14dae93408cf94042104cc6b58f3

t individual of one of the common species.</div><div>2. A domestic duck esc=
aped from captivity. (There are quite a few fanciers and quite a number of =
domestic breeds, including crosses between the various breeds.)</div>
s between domestic and wild birds and back-crosses in subsequent generation=
scription reminded me of a female Fulvous Whistling Duck.<br>
M, James Hirtle <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jrhbirder@hotmail.c=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

ird that I saw was much lighter and the way it sat on the water and swam di=
d not fit in with a ring-necked duck.=A0 It&#39;s actions and build were mo=
re like that of a teal and that is