[NatureNS] Tracking Hurricane Sandy

From: "Eric L. Mills" <e.mills@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 17:48:18 -0300

The NOAA site is good, but why not use one oriented to our area, originating with
Environment Canada:

www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/hurricane/index_e.html

The tracking originates with NOAA's National Hurricane Center in Miami, but the analysis
and discussion throws more light on our area than the US forecasters are inclined to do.

On 27 Oct 2012 at 14:51, Larry Neily wrote:

> Seeing Don's post made me wonder if this listservs members had heard of the NOAA National
> Hurricane Center website. Probably superfluous, but maybe some folks out there haven't heard
> of it:
> http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/. It is great fun to check out all the possibilities, but it also allows close
> following of the projected and pasttrack - always of interest to birders.
>
> The link
> http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/120153.shtml?50wind120#contentsis to
> Hurricane Sandy,and at other spots on the main siteyou can watch all previous storms or those
> just beginning. If youfound previous storms that followed Sandy's track at the same time of year,
> you might look for birds similiar to those that showed up then. Cheers, Larry

Eric L. Mills
286 Kingsburg Road,
RR#1, Rose Bay, NS B0J 2X)
Canada