[NatureNS] re West coast:Fw: Farmed Salmon

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 13:08:28 -0400

&gt;&gt; exclusively under salmon pens; some may be abou
Thanks Dave P. & John. Good to learn about an objective study & hear from
the voice of experience. Start small is sound advice when doing something
new.
    Perhaps the underlying problem is that both the wild fishery and salmon
farming can be too darn profitable ! A friend of Alison's from the Shetland
Islands lamented about 10 years ago that it was difficult to keep young men
in school there when they can earn enough in the fishery (no need for high
school) to retire by 30 or so.
Yt, DW