Re: [NatureNS] Squirrel Dilemma

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:50:40 -0400
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: desolatechair@gmail.com

LOL!!
Well, just be glad they are not infesting your home!!! You may change your opinion.
Would love the humane & gentle approach!
 My neighbours, who have this current problem, are advocates of nature, he is an avid birder, his wife is a long time fisher & deer hunter, using only lead-free bullets and fishing lures, and their son is actively involved with young naturalist activity.
These squirrels, looking for a warm winter haven, have found an entrance into their home where the home owner cannot excess. It will mean their floor & walls may need to be torn out. They also use a seaweed insulation which these squatting squirrels are having a marvelous time, tearing it up.
I love Nature, and will always, try to do the best thing for all creatures, but, under the circumstances, those squirrels would be dispatched, as quickly as possible, end of story.

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth