Re: [NatureNS] Squirrel Dilemma

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:02:28 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--20cf3079b7fc3aa8a804ce5522b3

To each their own, we had squirrels in our house and attic a few years ago.
I dealt with it as I described...problem gone in less than a
week..squirrels evicted.
Have a nice evening.
Helene
On Nov 12, 2012 7:54 PM, <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> LOL!!
> Well, just be glad they are not infesting your home!!! You may change your
> opinion.
> Would love the humane & gentle approach!
>  My neighbours, who have this current problem, are advocates of nature, he
> is an avid birder, his wife is a long time fisher & deer hunter, using only
> lead-free bullets and fishing lures, and their son is actively involved
> with young naturalist activity.
> These squirrels, looking for a warm winter haven, have found an entrance
> into their home where the home owner cannot excess. It will mean their
> floor & walls may need to be torn out. They also use a seaweed insulation
> which these squatting squirrels are having a marvelous time, tearing it up.
> I love Nature, and will always, try to do the best thing for all
> creatures, but, under the circumstances, those squirrels would be
> dispatched, as quickly as possible, end of story.
>
> Gayle MacLean
> Dartmouth
>
> ---- desolatechair@gmail.com wrote:
> > Gayle
> >
> > A few years ago I spent an warm summer afternoon with a brother,a friend,
> > and a cooler of ice cold beer on the back deck of our cottage trying to
> > shoot a pesky squirrel known to us as 'Senor Bignuts' out of a spruce
> tree
> > about 60 feet away, with a potato cannon. We were not successful, and
> Senor
> > Bignuts roams free to this day.
> >
> > So I don't recommend that method.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > JS

--20cf3079b7fc3aa8a804ce5522b3

go. I dealt with it as I described...problem gone in less than a week..squi=
rrels evicted.<br>
Have a nice evening.<br>
Helene</p>
duartess@ns.sympatico.ca">duartess@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=
=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
LOL!!<br>
Well, just be glad they are not infesting your home!!! You may change your =
opinion.<br>
Would love the humane &amp; gentle approach!<br>
=A0My neighbours, who have this current problem, are advocates of nature, h=
e is an avid birder, his wife is a long time fisher &amp; deer hunter, usin=
g only lead-free bullets and fishing lures, and their son is actively invol=
ved with young naturalist activity.<br>

These squirrels, looking for a warm winter haven, have found an entrance in=
to their home where the home owner cannot excess. It will mean their floor =
&amp; walls may need to be torn out. They also use a seaweed insulation whi=
ch these squatting squirrels are having a marvelous time, tearing it up.<br=

I love Nature, and will always, try to do the best thing for all creatures,=
 but, under the circumstances, those squirrels would be dispatched, as quic=
kly as possible, end of story.<br>
Gayle MacLean<br>
Dartmouth<br>
---- desolatechair@gmail.com=
 wrote:<br>
&gt; Gayle<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; A few years ago I spent an warm summer afternoon with a brother,a frie=
nd,<br>
&gt; and a cooler of ice cold beer on the back deck of our cottage trying t=
o<br>
&gt; shoot a pesky squirrel known to us as &#39;Senor Bignuts&#39; out of a=
 spruce tree<br>
&gt; about 60 feet away, with a potato cannon. We were not successful, and =
Senor<br>
&gt; Bignuts roams free to this day.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; So I don&#39;t recommend that method.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; JS<br>