[NatureNS] Birds Today

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 20:36:47 +0000

--_48606a71-be98-471a-9cd3-151399c9c98d_

I spent a few hours out birding today.  It was very slow.  The Back Harbour=
 Trail in Lunenburg and around Lunenburg as a whole was very quiet.  I did =
find a yellow-rumped warbler on the trail though.  There was one great blue=
 heron in the cove by ABCO.  I found out from my brother in First South tha=
t there has been a red-bellied woodpecker there now for a week.  I believe =
that I saw it today=2C in flight=2C and caught a brief glimpse afterwards a=
lso of a bird that took off=2C which likely was this bird.  The male that I=
 spotted at my feeder in Bridgewater yesterday was back repeatedly today.  =
The two American coots were still at Mason's Beach.  They were in the same =
spot that I saw them a week ago in a small pond area in back of a property =
behind a house there.  In First South at the spot of where the old Lunenbur=
g Road cuts across to the Corkum's Island Road=2C at the house where I've h=
ad lots of good birds recently and where there have been many good birds in=
 the past was my first fox sparrow for the year.  I can't believe that I've=
 gone so long into the year without seeing one.  This is the longest spell =
of time in 28 years for me to get this species for my year list. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater 		 	   		  =

--_48606a71-be98-471a-9cd3-151399c9c98d_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
<FONT size=3D4>
<BR id=3DecxFontBreak>I spent a few hours out birding today.&nbsp=3B It was=
 very slow.&nbsp=3B The Back Harbour Trail in Lunenburg and around Lunenbur=
g as a whole was very quiet.&nbsp=3B I did find a yellow-rumped warbler on =
the trail though.&nbsp=3B There was one great blue heron in the cove by ABC=
O.&nbsp=3B I found out from my brother in First South that there has been a=
 red-bellied woodpecker there now for a week.&nbsp=3B I believe that I saw =
it today=2C in flight=2C and caught a brief glimpse afterwards also of a bi=
rd that took off=2C which likely was this bird.&nbsp=3B The male that I spo=
tted at my feeder in Bridgewater yesterday was back repeatedly today.&nbsp=
=3B The two American coots were still at Mason's Beach.&nbsp=3B They were i=
n the same spot that I saw them a week ago in a small pond area in back of =
a property behind a house there.&nbsp=3B In First South at the spot of wher=
e the old Lunenburg Road cuts across to the Corkum's Island Road=2C at the =
house where I've had lots of good birds recently and where there have been =
many good birds in the past was my first fox sparrow for the year.&nbsp=3B =
I can't believe that I've gone so long into the year without seeing one.&nb=
sp=3B This is the longest spell of time in 28 years for me to get this spec=
ies for my year list.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bridgewater</FONT><BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_48606a71-be98-471a-9cd3-151399c9c98d_--