[NatureNS] Ice "Crystal" on Forest Pool

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:28:15 -0400

Very curious patterns and I can not imagine how ice grooves can form at a
surface unless they represent 'canals' between micro ice floes that are the
last part of the surface to freeze.
    I once saw & heard fist sized thin ice at Kingsport on a falling tide.
The ice piled up against the old wharf and then was swept towards the end
with a sheeee sound.
Yt, DW, Kentville