[NatureNS] Mulitflora Rose Question.

From: "Dean Kendall" <deankendall@paydaynet.org>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:40:54 -0500

Here in SE PA where Multiflora Rose was planted extensively for wildlife
several decades ago, including on our farm, it became a nightmare - tho
thankfully now starting to abate due to a fungal disease finally catching up
with it.  The birds indeed do like its berries, and with their droppings
plant it everywhere, in impenetrable thickets.  There must be NS native
plants that birds would like as well.  Dn