[NatureNS] Pheasant Nocturnal Predators

Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:27:57 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--f46d0401f9bbcbc87d04d226d1ff

Hi Angela, Is there blood around at all? If there's no blood or obvious
wound it may have just been coincidence that there was something else
happening in the yard. Both pheasants and grouse regularly fly into windows
and the sides of house and kill themselves regularly. Perhaps in the bad
weather it got startled and did a burst flight?
 Just a thought..

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--f46d0401f9bbcbc87d04d226d1ff

Hi Angela, Is there blood around at all? If there&#39;s no blood or obvious=
 wound it may have just been coincidence that there was something else happ=
ening in the yard. Both pheasants and grouse regularly fly into windows and=
 the sides of house and kill themselves regularly. Perhaps in the bad weath=
er it got startled and did a burst flight?<div>
s=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM, AngelaJoudrey <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aljoudrey@eastlink.ca" target=3D"_blank">alj=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Good Morning All.<br><br>My Dad was wonderin=
g what might kill a male pheasant in the night. We&#39;ve talked about fox,=
 coyote, owl. <br>
 through the windows, jumping to get higher vantage points to see out the w=
indow. She definitely knew something was going on in the backyard.<br><br>
The pheasant was found in the am. But nothing was &#39;missing&#39; from hi=
m. Whatever killed him wasn&#39;t interested in eating. ( or was startled a=
way. ) This was before the snow, so no one was able to find any other track=
s or tell tale signs.<br>
e solved by the same level of thinking that created them.&quot;<br>Albert E=
instein<br>
o the rest of the world.&quot;<br>John Muir
oninck DVM<br>Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre<br>RR#1 Brookfield NS=
 B0N1C0<br>902-893-0253<br><a href=3D"mailto:birdvet@hotmail.com" target=3D=
"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a><br>
www.cwrc.net<br>

--f46d0401f9bbcbc87d04d226d1ff--