[NatureNS] Old 80 foot whale postcard

From: AngelaJoudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 09:44:35 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_pzfwJaLCibkqOsOmoANiag)

Hi there.

I'm on? in? a facebook group that posts old postcards from the Annapolis Valley. One was recently added that was determined to be from 1945-1950 of an 80 foot whale in Port George. There are men and rocks in the pic to give it perspective as to size. It doesn't say what kind of whale though.

I could frwd the pic ( I think I should be able to, I saved it my desktop ) if anyone wants to id it?

Thanks
Angela in Windsor who is now feeding 2 rats at her bird feeders....

--
"The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
John Muir