[NatureNS] Dovekies everywhere, a crossbreed Barrow's goldeneye

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 07:30:51 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--f46d04016a39f4f75804d3dee83f

You can try the nat hist museum or Randy L in Antigonish, but it may have
limited use depending on the damage.
Helene
On Jan 22, 2013 1:37 AM, "Dennis Hippern" <dhippern@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dovekies have also been seen in Halifax harbour. I was not all that
surprised to find one
> on Portland Street in Dartmouth on Monday Jan 20. Unfortunatley it it did
not fare too
> well after an altercation with a car. I have retreived the carcas and am
wondering if
> any institution is intereseted in having it for thier records. It has
been damaged due to
> the car incident but may be of some scientific interest. It's in my
freezer now. Let me know
> of any interest, if none , I will dispose of it.
> Dennis Hippern (DHH)
> Cole Harbour
>
> ________________________________
> From: jrhbirder@hotmail.com
> To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca; ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [NatureNS] Dovekies everywhere, a crossbreed Barrow's goldeneye
male and a normal one.
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 01:57:26 +0000
>

> Hi again:
>
> Dovekies everywhere today.  Especially along the Lunenburg waterfront.
There had been one yesterday that was in the middle of the road at Middle
LaHave.  I had a call last night from a lady who it was taken too, some
miles from where it was picked up.  I keep trying to educate people by
putting repeated reminders into the column, but there are still a lot of
people out there that do not realize that the bird needs to be returned to
the water.  Anyhow, please forgive this on the rare alert.

> Dorothy Poole and I located a cross male Barrow's goldeneye in Mahone Bay
today.
> There was a nice male Barrow's goldeneye at Back Harbour Lunenburg.
Likely the same one seen there by Ian McLaren and Eric Mills the other day.

> James R. Hirtle
> Bridgewater

--f46d04016a39f4f75804d3dee83f

e limited use depending on the damage.<br>
Helene<br>
On Jan 22, 2013 1:37 AM, &quot;Dennis Hippern&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:d=
hippern@hotmail.com">dhippern@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Dovekies have also been seen in Halifax harbour. I was=A0not all that =
surprised to find one<br>
&gt; on Portland Street in Dartmouth on Monday Jan 20. Unfortunatley it it =
did not fare too<br>
&gt; well after an altercation with a car. I have retreived the carcas and =
am wondering if<br>
&gt; any institution is intereseted in=A0having it for thier records. It ha=
s been damaged due to<br>
&gt; the car incident but may be of some scientific interest. It&#39;s in m=
y freezer now. Let me know<br>
&gt; of any interest, if none , I will=A0dispose of it.<br>
&gt; Dennis Hippern (DHH)<br>
&gt; Cole Harbour<br>
&gt; =A0<br>
&gt; ________________________________<br>
&gt; From: <a href=3D"mailto:jrhbirder@hotmail.com">jrhbirder@hotmail.com</=
a><br>
&gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca=
</a>; ns-rba@yahoogroups.com<=
br>
&gt; Subject: [NatureNS] Dovekies everywhere, a crossbreed Barrow&#39;s gol=
deneye male and a normal one.<br>
&gt; Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 01:57:26 +0000<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi again:<br>
&gt; =A0<br>
&gt; Dovekies everywhere today.=A0 Especially along the Lunenburg waterfron=
t.=A0 There had been one yesterday that was in the middle of the road at Mi=
ddle LaHave.=A0 I had a call last night from a lady who it was taken too, s=
ome miles from where it was picked up.=A0 I keep trying to educate people b=
y putting repeated reminders into the column, but there are still a lot of =
people out there that do not realize that the bird needs to be returned to =
the water.=A0 Anyhow, please forgive this on the rare alert.=A0 <br>

&gt; =A0<br>
&gt; Dorothy Poole and I located a cross male Barrow&#39;s goldeneye in Mah=
one Bay today.<br>
&gt; There was a nice male Barrow&#39;s goldeneye at Back Harbour Lunenburg=
.=A0 Likely the same one seen there by Ian McLaren and Eric Mills the other=
 day.<br>
&gt; =A0<br>
&gt; James R. Hirtle<br>
&gt; Bridgewater<br>