[NatureNS] Yahoo email problems

Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:07:49 -0400
From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--f46d0401f99b090e3a04d69eabaa

I decided to close out my yahoo natureNS account for the reasons above and
switched the natureNS forum to a second gmail account. I have never had
these problems with my other gmail accounts (work, home). And the gmail
interface is a lot less busy with ads.

Nancy in Bridgewater

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM, John & Francine Belbin <
jbelbin@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> **
> It appears that large numbers of people who have Yahoo mail accounts have
> been compromised. That applies to many of us on NatureNS. Our accounts have
> been hijacked and used to send emails with dangerous links to those on our
> contact list. My own account was used by someone in Thailand to send our
> spurious messages this morning. Do not open them or click on them! The
> yahoo site is apologizing for all the customer problems. I had to double
> scan the computer and then change my Yahoo password. I hope that has solved
> it, at least for a while. If not it will be goodbye Yahoo even if my Rare
> bird login is deleted in the process.
> John Belbin

--f46d0401f99b090e3a04d69eabaa

the reasons above and switched the natureNS forum to a second gmail account=
. I have never had these problems with my other gmail accounts (work, home)=
. And the gmail interface is a lot less busy with ads.<br>
cine Belbin <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jbelbin@ns.sympatico.ca=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

=20
Yahoo mail accounts have been compromised. That applies to many of us on=20
NatureNS. Our accounts have been hijacked and used to send emails with dang=
erous=20
links to those on our contact list. My own account was used by someone in=
=20
Thailand to send our spurious messages this morning. Do not open them or cl=
ick=20
on them! The yahoo site is apologizing for all the customer problems. I had=
 to=20
double scan the computer and then change my Yahoo password. I hope that has=
=20
solved it, at least for a while. If not it will be goodbye Yahoo even if my=
 Rare=20
ont color=3D"#888888">

--f46d0401f99b090e3a04d69eabaa--