[NatureNS] Photos of Florida Burrowing Owl

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:44:43 -0400
From: Ronald Arsenault <rongarsenault@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--e89a8f643372b2e05204d76bb3b6

Hello Ian,

I went to Florida last May and have several photos of Burrowing Owls. Not
sure if there are any quality shots, but will take a look.

Ron

--
Ronald G. Arsenault
Moncton, N.B.

--e89a8f643372b2e05204d76bb3b6

hotos of Burrowing Owls. Not sure if there are any quality shots, but will =

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ia=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
All:<br>
This is a plea =A0for photos of the Florida Burrowing Owl, which are favour=
ite subjects of birders visiting that state.<br>
Dave Currie and I are preparing an account and circumstances of an individu=
al of the Florida subspecies present, astonishingly, on McNab&#39;s I., Hal=
ifax Harbour, in late October. It was fortuitously filmed by Wade Cornell a=
nd shown Feb. 17 on the CBC =A0&quot;Land &amp; Sea&quot; program =A0on =A0=
Nova Scotia&#39;s islands. There is no doubt of the validity of the record.=
 It has likely long-gone or perished, and was not found on a recent excursi=
on to the island.<br>

It turns out that there have been other records of the &quot;non-migratory&=
quot; Florida subspecies in New England, so we&#39;ve stirred up wider inte=
rest in the issue.<br>
I have a reasonable photo of the western subspecies. A photograph of the FL=
 subspecies that Dave Currie and I could use in our write-up of the record =
for &quot;Nova Scotia Birds&quot; would be very useful. We hope someone has=
 one hidden in their photo files. If so, could you send any good ones (will=
 appear in colour) tyo me?<br>

Cheers and thanks, Ian<br>
Ian McLaren (as acting editor, &quot;NS Birds&quot;)<br>
senault<br>Moncton, N.B.

--e89a8f643372b2e05204d76bb3b6--