[NatureNS] Peregrine Falcon

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:59:16 -0400
From: james simpson <desolatechair@gmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--047d7bd74da2c957d504d76be7fb

I watched a Peregrine tear apart and eat a Rock Pigeon on the roof of the
Scotia Square parkade last summer from my old office in Duke Tower.  He was
in full view of hundreds and boy the feathers were flying!

Jamie Simpson

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM, <cjknndy@mta.ca> wrote:

> I observed this bird on Wednesday, March 6th @ 2:30pm, on the Tupper
> Building.
> At that time I also stumbled upon the severed head of a rock pigeon. It
> would
> appear he has found a suitable "foraging" area....
>
> Cheers,
> Chris Kennedy
>
> Quoting Elizabeth Doull <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>:
>
> > Friday, March 8, 2013   7:10 am
> >
> > The male peregrine falcon is back but on the SW corner of the roof of the
> > Embassy Towers apartment building on Spring Garden Road, Halifax  (next
> > the Professional Centre).  Its latest prey was a rock pigeon.  If
> > undisturbed, it should be there for at least an hour.
> >
> > Liz

--047d7bd74da2c957d504d76be7fb

the roof of the Scotia Square parkade last summer from my old office in Duk=
e Tower. =A0He was in full view of hundreds and boy the feathers were flyin=
g!<div>
r><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM,  <span di=
r=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:cjknndy@mta.ca" target=3D"_blank">cjknndy@m=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I observed this bird on Wednesday, March 6th=
 @ 2:30pm, on the Tupper Building.<br>
At that time I also stumbled upon the severed head of a rock pigeon. It wou=
ld<br>
appear he has found a suitable &quot;foraging&quot; area....<br>
Cheers,<br>
Chris Kennedy<br>
Quoting Elizabeth Doull &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:edoull@ns.sympatico.ca">edoul=
l@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt;:<br>
&gt; Friday, March 8, 2013 =A0 7:10 am<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The male peregrine falcon is back but on the SW corner of the roof of =
the<br>
&gt; Embassy Towers apartment building on Spring Garden Road, Halifax =A0(n=
ext to<br>
&gt; the Professional Centre). =A0Its latest prey was a rock pigeon. =A0If<=
br>
&gt; undisturbed, it should be there for at least an hour.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Liz<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>