[NatureNS] 2 good "yard birds" this morning

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:25:34 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--e0cb4efe2ee6f576c304d91035da

Hi,

A lovely sunny morning, but still cold. From the kitchen at home (north of
Kentville) I saw what I initially thought was one of the local Bald Eagles
being harassed by 2 Crows flying past the trees at the back of our
property, but there was something not right about the way it was flying -
so I grabbed the binoculars and confirmed that it was indeed a Turkey
Vulture.

So I went outdoors with the camera, but of course within a few seconds it
was long gone. But I heard what I assumed was a Junco trilling, pointed the
camera up, and there was a bright Pine Warbler in full song. I have never
heard that before. Got some nice pictures. Both birds are 2nd time in 10
years for our property.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--e0cb4efe2ee6f576c304d91035da

Hi,<br><br>A lovely sunny morning, but still cold. From the kitchen at home=
 (north of Kentville) I saw what I initially thought was one of the local B=
ald Eagles being harassed by 2 Crows flying past the trees at the back of o=
ur property, but there was something not right about the way it was flying =
- so I grabbed the binoculars and confirmed that it was indeed a Turkey Vul=
ture.<br>

it was long gone. But I heard what I assumed was a Junco trilling, pointed =
the camera up, and there was a bright Pine Warbler in full song. I have nev=
er heard that before. Got some nice pictures. Both birds are 2nd time in 10=
 years for our property.<br>

 target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>###################

--e0cb4efe2ee6f576c304d91035da--