[NatureNS] Turkey Vultures

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:22:21 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--f46d040838b3d62f7d04d9196205

Hi,

The Bridgetown area seems to have been a hot spot for Turkey Vultures for a
few years now, and it's quite common to see one or a few in the air there.
I have often wondered if they could be breeding there somewhere, and
perhaps 8 together were attracted by something "icky" in a field, or 1 or 2
family groups. As I mentioned this morning, there was one over the
Kentville area, and of course they're routine on Digby Neck, Brier Island
and the Yarmouth area. I always think they look neat in flight, and in a
different way, when perched. Must have been great to see 8 together.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--f46d040838b3d62f7d04d9196205

ve been a hot spot for Turkey Vultures for a few years now, and it&#39;s qu=
ite common to see one or a few in the air there. I have often wondered if t=
hey could be breeding there somewhere, and perhaps 8 together were attracte=
d by something &quot;icky&quot; in a field, or 1 or 2 family groups. As I m=
entioned this morning, there was one over the Kentville area, and of course=
 they&#39;re routine on Digby Neck, Brier Island and the Yarmouth area. I a=
lways think they look neat in flight, and in a different way, when perched.=
 Must have been great to see 8 together.<br>

_quote">On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:duartess@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"_blank">duartess@ns.sympatico.ca=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi All,<br>
New &#39;Life Bird&#39; for me, or I should say bird-&#39;S&#39;!!<br>
EIGHT Turkey Vultures in a ball field in Granville Ferry (Bridgetown)!<br>
Got some great pictures too!!<br>
They must be very used to people &amp; photographers because they didn&#39;=
t have a problem with this human, anyway, allowing me to go quite close &am=
p; take some pictures! Fantastic!!!<br>
Also, a Pileated Woodpecker on a big dead tree there too!! What a great day=
!<br>
Happy Easter!<br>
Gayle MacLean<br>
Dartmouth<br>
chard Stern, <br>Port Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichar=
d@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>##############=
#####

--f46d040838b3d62f7d04d9196205--