[NatureNS] Turkey Vultures

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 4:51:38 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>

No, this group, apparently, has for at least the last year or so) been 'hanging out' at this ball field for quite a while.
it's quite close to homes there in Granville Ferry.
I had first seen several, but wasn't sure, on St. Patrick's day when I was down in the area visiting. I casually mentioned to my friends living down there about what I saw, where I was told all about the 'flock' living at the ball field. Yesterday when we were back visiting and picking up our new English Springer Spaniel puppy, (resident Springer, not really sure where our minds were at, as to this decision!), we just took a chance to head to the ball field, and there they all were, down on the grass by the multi-flora and sitting on the fence, wings outspread like cormorants, drying their wings, or roosting in the big hardwoods. I didn't want to disturb them, but could almost walk right up to them. Just wanted a closer picture and my camera doesn't have that great of a zoom.
Anyway, that was pretty neat and I was delighted to see all these birds!

Gayle