[NatureNS] Crested Caracara update?

From: Pat McKay <pat.mckay@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:43:33 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, cjknndy@mta.ca

--e89a8f64732f3ca9e504d966cc90

Hello Chris,

It was on the lagoon side of Lawrencetown beach. We parked in the first
parking lot where the surfers usually park. There was a group of people on
the trail opposite. We talked to them and they said the bird had been
there, but had just flown up towards the beach shelter, but still on the
lagoon side rather than the beach side. We went there, and found someone
who was looking at the bird. We had distant views for over 30 minutes
before it flew again back towards the area opposite the first parking lot.
We moved back there, but the bird had flown over the hill in the direction
of Conrad's Beach. We did not manage to relocate it again.

Hope that helps,
pat

On 2 April 2013 17:10, <cjknndy@mta.ca> wrote:

> Pat,
>
> I haven't been out to see it yet, can you be more specific about the 'usual
> place'?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Kennedy
>
> ps, I'm headed out there now and will check this e-mail on my partner's
> mobile
> device.
>
> Quoting Pat McKay <ah205@chebucto.ns.ca>:
>
> > Hello Chris, and Everyone else interested,
> > The bird was seen this afternoon between 2 and 3, showing well, but
> rather
> > distantly in the usual place opposite the beach.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Pat McKay
> >

> > On 2 April 2013 16:27, <cjknndy@mta.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > Can anyone provide me an update on whether this bird still is hanging
> > > around
> > > Lawrencetown? I'd love to go out after work and quickly try to locate
> it!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Chris Kennedy in Dartmouth

--e89a8f64732f3ca9e504d966cc90

Hello Chris,<br><br>It was on the lagoon side of Lawrencetown beach. We par=
ked in the first parking lot where the surfers usually park. There was a gr=
oup of people on the trail opposite. We talked to them and they said the bi=
rd had been there, but had just flown up towards the beach shelter, but sti=
ll on the lagoon side rather than the beach side. We went there, and found =
someone who was looking at the bird. We had distant views for over 30 minut=
es before it flew again back towards the area opposite the first parking lo=
t. We moved back there, but the bird had flown over the hill in the directi=
on of Conrad&#39;s Beach. We did not manage to relocate it again.<br>

13 17:10,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:cjknndy@mta.ca" target=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-le=
ft:1ex">

Pat,<br>
I haven&#39;t been out to see it yet, can you be more specific about the &#=
39;usual<br>
place&#39;?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Chris Kennedy<br>
ps, I&#39;m headed out there now and will check this e-mail on my partner&#=
39;s mobile<br>
device.<br>
Quoting Pat McKay &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ah205@chebucto.ns.ca">ah205@chebuct=
o.ns.ca</a>&gt;:<br>
&gt; Hello Chris, and Everyone else interested,<br>
&gt; The bird was seen this afternoon between 2 and 3, showing well, but ra=
ther<br>
&gt; distantly in the usual place opposite the beach.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; Pat McKay<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On 2 April 2013 16:27, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:cjknndy@mta.ca">cjknndy@m=
ta.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Can anyone provide me an update on whether this bird still is han=
ging<br>
&gt; &gt; around<br>
&gt; &gt; Lawrencetown? I&#39;d love to go out after work and quickly try t=
o locate it!<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; &gt; Chris Kennedy in Dartmouth<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;<br>

--e89a8f64732f3ca9e504d966cc90--