[NatureNS] Crested Caracara YES

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 20:55:17 -0300

I thought an update might be of interest to those thinking of heading out to
Lawrencetown Beach tomorrow, as the Caracara was still there this morning.
At about 11 o'clock it flew over the main beach parking lot near the first
entrance (west end of the beach, by the deer carcass) and continued east
following the line of the dunes. We lost site of it beyond the far (east)
end of the beach. It was seen by myself, Doug Murphy and John Doherty who
were at the parking lot, and by others who were walking up the old railway
line trail.
Best of luck to Joyce Allen and others who make their way out to
Lawrencetown tomorrow.

Joshua Barss Donham   jbarssdonham@yahoo.com

PS. Yesterday morning, at about the same time, the Caracara followed roughly
the same flight route, coming over the tree line from the direction of the
Macdonald House Tea Room, approaching the parking lot, and continuing in the
direction of the far east end of the beach. Yesterday afternoon (at about
one o'clock) it worked its way back east to west.