[NatureNS] Bees

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 21:12:17 -0300

Dear All,                        Apr 16, 2013
    So far I have not seen any Bumble Bees in the yard. Memory may be
playing a trick but I remember them being they earlier.

    This afternoon in the yard (16 Overlook Rd.) Honey bees seemed to be
acting strangely. Instead of flying from one Crocus or Snowdrop to another
with purpose they would leave one flower and then hover and drift for a
minute or more before landing again (sometimes on the same flower) and when
they did land so I could see their pollen saddlebags they looked full.

    Also this afternoon the first wild bees showed up (also late I think).
One Andrenid live and one probable Halictid dead in a Crocus blossom.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville