[NatureNS] re ticks - how to avoid them?

From: Ken MacAulay <kenmacaulay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:47:39 -0300

Bev, last June, I removed a partially engorged tick from my back (with some
difficulty reaching).  I too put antiseptic on it and waited to see what
happened.  I had a red mark about 3/4 of an inch round which persisted for
many months and was quite itchy, but I did not feel any other adverse
effects.  I still have a faded brown mark in the spot, but no more itch.
Unless the bacterium lies dormant for many years, hopefully my actions were
adequate.  At the time, there was quite a local paranoia about ticks and
getting to the doctor immediately for an antibiotic, which I ignored.

Ken MacAulay
Port Mouton, NS