[NatureNS] strange fungi

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 11:35:56 -0300

Hi Marg & All,                        May 5, 2013
    Learning more than the very distinctive mushrooms takes time & effort
and ideally good ID books, a compound microscope with calibrated ocular
micrometer, Meltzer's reagent, 10x hand lens, dissecting microscope and
enough patience to take notes and draw or paint features.
    But the only essential resources are time and effort so you learn to
recognize the commonly encountered fungi and then gradually attach names.
Some Genera, such as Russula and Cortinarius, were hopeless in that they
somewhat resembled species a, b, c or d but did not exactly correspond with
any one of these.
Yt, DW, Kentville