[NatureNS] Hummers, TV and cuckoo flowers

Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 07:17:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Judy
Although I never put out humming bird feeders, one
came to the garden yesterday. Attracted by the early rhodos now
in bloom, PJM, Gold Coast and Mrs Fleming.
Mrs Fleming is an early yellow with a pink cast and attracts flies
as well as bees. The flies are little about the size of fruit flies
but slimmer. They don't bite but birds like them.
The Royal Azalea is about to come out also and has lots of flowers.
There are 2 old plants - 30 years plus - humming birds always like them.
Thanks for the nice post
Paul